Our aims are to:
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment for your child
- Provide an environment which will promote positive self esteem and confidence
- Encourage independent learning through play
- Ensure that each child is equally valued
- To prepare your child for their primary school, by embracing the Early Years Foundation Stage EYFS
- Work in partnership with you, enabling you to experience Pre-School with your child
Chipping Norton Pre-School is a friendly Pre-School located within the grounds of Chipping Norton School.
Established for over 35 years, we provide a rich and varied environment supporting the children’s learning and development.
We offer a bright spacious play area, quiet area, messy play area and outside a well equipped playground and sensory garden.
We offer sessions for 2 – 5 year olds. We are open from 8.30am to 3.30pm, term time only.
- Debbie Rose - Manager - Early Years Practitioner (Foundation Degree in Early Years, Designated Lead for Safeguarding & Child Protection, SenCo)
- Ami Rose - Early Years Practitioner - Deputy Manager, (NVQ3 – Child Care)
- Ellen Bartoloni - Early Years Practitioner (NVQ3 – Child Care, Designated Lead for Safeguarding & Child Protection, Equality and Diversity Coordinator)
- Phyllis Lyon - Early Years Practitioner (NVQ3 – Child Care, SenCo)
- Sam Blagden - Early Years Practitioner (NVQ3 – Child Care)
- Tracey Davies - Early Years Practitioner (NVQ2 – Child Care)
- Jodie Clifton - Early Years Practitioner (NVQ3 – Child Care)
- Leah Goodall - Apprentice (Working towards NVQ3 – Child Care)
Our staff attend regular training that includes Safeguarding & Child Protection, Pediatric first aid, food hygiene, special educational needs and equality & diversity training. All our staff are qualified to at least NVQ Level 2 in Child Care.
Chipping Norton Pre-School is run by a Management Committee. This is a group of volunteers who are responsible for the management of the accounts, policies, procedures, employment and appraisals of staff. They are also involved with the fundraising aspects for the Pre-School too. The Committee is made up of parents with children that come to our Pre-School and also some parents of children that have moved on to Primary School.
Our Committee members are:
- Clare Percival - Chair Person (Designated Lead for Safeguarding & Child Protection, Safer Recruitment – NSPCC)
- Justin Bartoloni - Secretary
- Kerry Poulter - Treasurer
- Laura Tinkham
- Samantha Nelson
- Victoria Bourne
- Dawn Baker
- Talia Ladbrook
- Daniel Davies
If you would like further information about becoming a Committee Member at Pre-School, please feel free to contact us or come along to our next AGM that takes place in November.
Chipping Norton Pre-School AGM…
We hold our AGM (Annual General Meeting) in November. Parents, Carers and staff are all invited to come along to the meeting. We look at what has happened during the previous year at Pre-School, talking about developments & proposals, fundraising, purchases & developments and future plans. We also look at and discuss the financial accounts. It is really beneficial hearing what has happened over the past year and it is a great opportunity to meet the committee, staff and other parents too. There is no pressure at the meeting to join the committee or help with fundraising, but once you have come along you may decide that you would like to join us or could help in some way.
As a charity we have to hold and an AGM. The AGM can only go ahead if we have enough members (parents) attend the meeting. We hope to see you at the next one in November 2017!
Chipping Norton Pre-School is a registered charity (No: 278247)